Everyone has already said much of what I wanted to say, but let's see what I say.
Sam, I wish I got to know you better the past year or so. I'm still trying to get out of my laptop-induced bubble completely, and I'm sorry to say that I didn't do as much stuff with you as I could have. (Plus I'm partly deaf and your voice is right outside my sensitive hearing range). You're a pretty cool guy, from what I can tell; be good to see you again after you're through the grinder (/if/ you get through! mwahahah)
Since I have experience in Basic I thought I'd share a few tips:
1) Crazy things happen when everyone is Confined to Barracks. Take plenty of pictures and/or video, but don't post it on the Internet. Public Affairs is an ass. Do share it with us though
2) Make friends with /everyone/. My biggest mistake in Basic was keeping to myself...doesn't work that way. Team spirit is everything when you have rockets firing at you (they won't really do that...maybe)
3) Learn to scarf down 1000 calories in 15 minutes or less and shower in 50 seconds. Trust me, you'll need these essential skills.
4) The sergeants/logistics will be logically inconsistent: they're trying to mindfuck you. It's part of the training (actually, I'm still thinking about that one...)
5) Cherish with superb gladness the chocolate in the field rations. (If you're clever enough try to use it as currency)
6) Your rifle is your new limb. TAKE IT EVERYWHERE. Start reciting that mantra from FMJ
7) Baby wipes are your best friend in the field (except your rifle)
Bring us back some souvenirs! Except bullet casings; you shouldn't do that.